Hey chica! It’s Cinco De Mayo this weekend and we’re ready to celebrate!! 💃Give us alllll the tacos, margs, and guac! We’re sharing delicious AND healthy recipes so you can throw a #TIUapproved fiesta! Invite your girls over and enjoy these super easy tacos and margaritas featured from your Summer Series Meal Plan. It’ll be something to taco ’bout 😉🌮
Have fun babe!
Summer Avo Tacos
Makes 2 servings
1⁄4 of a rotisserie chicken, shredded (or 6 oz. grilled tempeh)
1 avocado, diced
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1⁄4 tsp. red pepper flakes
Pinch of sea salt and fresh ground pepper
4 corn tortillas
1⁄2 cup pico de gallo
1⁄4 cup quick pickled onions
1. In a small bowl, mash together avocado, lime juice, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and pepper.
2. Heat tortillas on the stovetop directly over the flames of a gas burner using tongs to flip until edges are a bit charred. If you don’t have a gas burner, you can heat tortillas in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
3. Spread mashed avocado on tortillas. Top with rotisserie chicken, pico de gallo, pickled onions, and cilantro.
Blood Orange Margarita
Makes 1 serving
Kosher salt and lime wedge to rim the glass
1 1⁄2 oz. silver tequila
3 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed lime juice
2 Tbsp. fresh blood orange juice (regular OJ works too!)
1 tsp. light agave nectar
1. To rim the glass, pour a thin layer of kosher salt on a small plate. Rub the lime wedge around the rim of a glass and then dip in the salt.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all ingredients and shake well for about 30 seconds. Strain into the rimmed glass over ice.
3. Garnish with a fresh lime and blood orange slice.
Find even MORE delicious and healthy recipes in your Summer Series Meal Plan!