(That picture is supposed to be us looking shocked, haha)
As I’ve been posting so many home remodel before and after photos lately, my mom gave me an idea for my blog, and I think it would be really fun to do!
I know that Transformation Tuesday is popular on Instagram, and usually refers to weight loss. While my blog did start as a weight loss blog in 2011, as you may have noticed, it’s evolved into more of a lifestyle blog. I write about the weight issues, sure, but also mental health/illness, running (more as a coach instead of a runner now!), budgeting (like when we paid off our debt), and most recently, DIY projects.
When it comes to a “transformation”, there are TONS of things that it could apply to. And my mom suggested that I accept before and after transformation photos from readers–about anything at all.I love this idea!
Here are a few examples of transformations:
A before and after of a new haircut
New countertops or paint on the walls
Painted or stained furniture
Cleaning out a closet (as an organizer, these photos are like porn for me)
Before and after of addiction vs clean and/or sober (I love these!)
Before and after weight loss pictures
Your rescue pet’s before and after photos (these are my favorite!)
1) Email one “before” photo and one “after” photo, of anything you’d like, to: transformations (at) runsforcookies (dot) com.
Please keep the photos separate rather than collaging them, and don’t use filters or Photoshop on the photos. I feel like everything is filtered these days, and filters tend to invalidate the “wow” factor. Finally, please don’t add words to the photos–I’d like to keep the photos uniform, so I may end up adding things like, “table and chair before” and “table and chairs after” to the photos; or I may just leave them as-is. Not sure yet.
2) You may include a link to your personal blog or social media page if you’d like (no business or promotional pages–this will be at my discretion). Include a very brief description (examples on my photos below). I’m sure the photos will explain themselves for the most part. As shown in my examples, I’ll include:
Brief description of the transformation
First Name, Location, Few words of who you are (if you want me to leave out name/location, just let me know)
3) If there is someone in the photo, just make sure it’s cool with them that I share it here.
4) Depending on the amount of submissions I receive, I may end up having to save some for the following week(s). I will eventually post all of them, but I’d like to limit each post to 6-8 or so.
5) If necessary, I may crop or resize the photos simply to fit uniformly into the post, but I will try to keep them as original as possible.
Before installing new carpet in my bedroom and after. It looks so much better!
-Katie, Michigan, new DIY’er for home projects
-Katie, Michigan, hobby knitter and crocheter
-Katie, Michigan, “cool mom”
-Katie, Michigan, advocate for animal rescue and adoption
-Katie, Michigan, happy auntie
-Katie, Michigan, former runner (current walker)
-Katie, Michigan, stay-at-home mom
-Katie, Michigan, dog mom to a lab/chow mix named after Joey Tribbiani
-Katie, Michigan, super proud sister to an amazing Army veteran
-Katie, Michigan, proud daughter of the next Bob Ross
-Katie, Michigan, going through a hypomanic puzzle phase
-Katie, Michigan, born without a green thumb
-Katie, Michigan, new DIY’er
I love seeing things like these! So please please be creative, and no matter how silly your own transformation may seem, send me photos! Again, check the guidelines at the top of the post and send the photos to transformations (at) runsforcookies (dot) com.
I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Also, what are your thoughts? Is this something that you all would be interested in seeing once a week? I happen to love transformation photos, and I think this will be awesome. I just need people to participate 😉 Remember, no transformation is too small/insignificant!